On February 19, 2021, Skateistan’s Goodpush Alliance co-hosted a free webinar on Accessible Skateparks, together with Drop In e.V. and SEHstern e.V.! Together with six amazing panelists, we talked about adaptive skateparks as well as sharing the main findings of the Accessible Skatepark Survey that we ran last year.
The panelists discussed skatepark usage and design so that skateparks can be made more accessible for everyone, particularly skatepark users with disabilities. This was an interesting session for anyone looking to make their skateparks and/or skate programs more inclusive.
– Lisa Jacob: Skatepark builder and volunteer for various social skate projects
– David Lebuser: WCMX pro from Germany
– Lily Rice: WCMX pro from the UK
– Dan Mancina: Blind skater and advocate for adaptive skateparks in the US
– Bilal Mir Bat Zai: Afghan adaptive skateboarder and former skate coach
– Mandy Young: Founder of Adrenaline Alley skatepark in the UK
– Host & Panelist introductions
– Introduce topic and survey results (slideshow)
– Q&A and discussion with Panelists
– Q&A and discussion with all attendees
– Wrap-up and next steps
– Extended discussion for all webinar participants